Back Country Skiing
The Catamount Trail: 300 Miles of Cross-Country Skiing the Length of Vermont
- is a 300-mile, winter-use trail open to the public for skiing and snowshoeing;
- follows remote wilderness routes, groomed cross-country ski trails, snowmobile trails, and old logging roads;
- is divided into 31 sections, each of which has its own volunteer trail chief;
- includes stretches appropriate for a broad range of skiing and snowshoeing abilities;
- crosses private land through the generous permission of more than 200 landowners; and
- traverses approximately 130 miles of public land including Green Mountain National Forest, Vermont state land, and town-owned parcels.
No members have been assigned to this category.